Friday, March 30, 2012

page somewhere near the end [found]

you left me to find yourself
you left me to find happiness lost somewhere
you left me to save me
you left me to be with someone else

however you paint it, disguise it, verbalize it

you left me

and i'm not done loving, i'm not done fighting, i'm not done writing.

"i would do anything for love"
for you, for us and then you ask me
to let you go and it forces me to
examine those words. Is that what that song
meant all along?
"i would do anything for love but I won't do that."

7 yrs ago today I wrote a love story that eventually defined my life.
all stories begin so it follows logic that they end. but i'm still alive and breathing and i never imagined i would have to live to see its death.

Sweet surrender give me strength to let go of something so beautiful.

No comments: